The Academic Skills Kit (ASK) is the place to go for advice and support on developing some of the key skills you’ll need to succeed at University.
Whether you need help with academic writing, note-taking, time management, finding information or referencing, ASK is full of great tips and resources to help you learn and build your skill set.
To help make finding all this support easier and to offer you even more useful resources and tools, we’re piloting a new, updated ASK website this term. You can preview the new site now and we’d love to hear your feedback so we can make sure the website works for you ahead of its official launch. You will be asked to log in with your University user ID and password.
Some things to look out for when exploring the new site:
- the six main themes of:
- Study skills
- Good academic practice
- Numeracy, maths and statistics
- Information and digital skills
- Useful advice on favourite topics, such as good academic practice and referencing, exams and revision, learning online, and academic writing
- New topics on critical thinking, and digital and information skills that can help you manage information and collaborations online
- A wide range of informative videos filled with great advice and tips to help you study
- Reflective quizzes that help you check your learning and identify your next steps
- New downloadable guides that you can keep and reference as you study
We’d love to hear about your ideas for new topics or resources that we could add to ASK too. Look out for the purple feedback widget located in the bottom right of your screen to send us your views and comments.